Hello to everyone. We are together again in another post.
In this article, as we have promised in the last issue, today, upon your requests, we will touch upon “Digital Marketing in Health Tourism”.
Health tourism means that individuals want to leave their own country borders and seek treatment in another country to regain their health. Health tourism in the world and in our country is a rapidly rising trend in recent years and it is a particularly important alternative tourism type.
Digital marketing in health tourism undoubtedly enables us to create and direct the demand. Firstly, we should start with the following question: “Why is Health Tourist Getting Treatment Abroad?” From here, we start by putting the services we have developed in our organization at forefront.
- Price Advantage
- Specific Treatments
- High Technology
- Speed/ Comfort/ Care
We must set up a coordination between decision making processes of the patients and the services we put at forefront. Decision making process starts with informing yourself and awareness. It is beneficial to start marketing process with this circle. Next stage is assessment by the patient. Our services must draw attention at this stage.
Ok. How do the patients find you on the internet? If we need to list the salient parameters:
- A strategic website
- Online Marketing
- Digital PR Management
- An effective Social Media Management
If we list the titles that you must pay attention while creating your digital marketing network for abroad/overseas;
- Your Gate Opening to Digital World is Your ‘Website’
You must have a website which includes at least three languages and fully explains the vision and mission of the health organization. You must be attentive to explain the services your provide in a simple and clear way. In addition to the content developed for the relevant countries, you must choose the visual designs in a suitable manner to the countries. You must set a website infrastructure which is user friendly and which will affect informing and decision making processes positively.
2. ‘Social Media Channels’ which Enables You to Communicate with Everyone
- Research about and be acquainted with the health markets to which you want to promote your services.
- Carefully monitor the epidemiological data on health market.
- Carry out competition analyses.
- Be attentive to use same language and to give the same message on all social media channels.
- Use genuine content and designs according to the regions.
3. Digital Media Advertisements (I have a small budget- How can I advertise?)
An effective online marketing which is affordable for every budget is possible. Here important points are as follows:
- Determine the country you want to reach.
- Define the services that you want to put at forefront/ you want to create demand for them.
- Plan budget in terms of the regions.
- Research the competition in relevant health market.
- Be well-informed about legal requirements.
In addition to digital marketing activities, field and communication activities are extremely important.
When looked from a broader angle, yes, ‘digital marketing’ is an effective and active method but it is just one of legs of the table. You can make your health tourism activities continuous through the field and communication activities you will carry out.